Thursday, February 13, 2014

Goodbye "Hug In A Cup"

Thursday - February 13th 
The Day I Completely Gave Up Coffee

Sorely I admit - I can no longer drink my "hug in a cup."  Coffee has been a STAPLE in my life for about a decade.  Every morning same routine and even 1 allotted special Wednesday where Id indulge in a nice toasty hot beverage of choice from my favorite drive-thru coffee shop on my way to work.  Such a treat!!  However, not any longer.  It has gotten to the point where it is painful to drink and the lingering burn that sits in my throat for hours on end due to the acidity - just plain isn't worth it anymore.  So my famously known hug in a cup is now replaced with morning protein shakes.  You're probably thinking "that's such a healthier choice and is so much better for you!"  Well... if you are a coffee drinker and you are thinking this - Please, take a week off from your routine and get back to me about how you'd truly feel with such a life disruption ;-)

This not only goes for coffee but for about 90% of my normal daily food intake.  I cannot eat anything that is overly spicy, tough to chew, or drink anything that has citrus or any type of bold flavor.  It hurts going down and it is PAINFUL coming out (if you know what I mean)  I have spared the gory downstairs details of my symptoms, which I will continue to protect your eyes and ears on that one but let me tell you - What goes in most definitely comes out and I have been making my food/drink choices wisely after a few painful days in the restroom.   







Day 6 - Post Chemo Symptoms:
Nothing new to report other than a few bloody noses and quick and painful headaches.  The headache literally comes on like gang busters and then POOF its gone within 1 minute.  It is the darndest thing but thankful for the lack of longevity.





No comments:

Post a Comment